Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Stuck Between Stations"

Well, I'm suppose to be well on my way to Japan. But, I am sitting on a hotel bed in Atlanta, Georgia writing this blog about how my flight got canceled...

I woke up at 4am (after going to sleep at 1am) at my sister's place to get ready to go to the airport to fly to Georgia for my connecting flight to Tokyo. I get to the Atlanta airport, and while we were taxiing to the gate, Incubus' "Drive" comes on over the radio in the plane, and I take that as a good luck sign, so my nervousness subsides... now I only have about 30 mins to catch my next flight, and my gates on THE other side of the airport... again. I get there just in time to board.... and we board. We wait 2 1/2 HOURS on the plane, not going anywhere, just for them to tell us to get off and wait. There was something wrong with the plane. The original departure time was 10:15 am, it was now almost 1pm, Brandon Boyd has failed me. A couple of minutes go by and they said that we would be taking off at 4:30pm, so I go grab lunch and sit, wait... 4:30 rolls around... speaker comes on... "Ladies and gentlemen, we have some bad news, blah blah blah, the flight for today is canceled, blah blah."

Long-story short: There is usually only one flight out to Tokyo at all major airports a day, and they depart in the morning time, so I rescheduled my flight for tomorrow morning. I call my parents and tell them not to meet me, my cell phone almost dead, I have to go buy a $42 phone charger, and now I'm stuck in Atlanta in a hotel until tomorrow. What a first-time international trip so far... but I guess in JMC's words, "Better wait a day to climb Mt. Fuji than take off now and run into it".

No comments: